Wednesday, May 28, 2008

patience, jack, Patience!

I'm typing this while eating my dinner (hope I don't make any typos!), the reason being that I have no patience to blog. I have great patience for many things but updating my blog just happens to be something I have absolutely no patience for. The process is so tiresome.

Anyway, the dinner today was cooked by my Dad. Cooking happens to be something I have no patience for either. Sweeping, mopping, washing dishes, washing clothes, folding clothes, wiping windows...I don't mind doing. But cooking and ironing are no-nos. So either my wife or maid will have to do it next time. Haha, but I will do all the other household chores listed above, so all's fair and square. I'm no MCP okay.

Today I was at the Esplanade library and from the glass windows facing Marina Bay, you could see a magnificent storm brewing. So I went up to the rooftop terrace, bore the rain and took this rather threatening-looking picture.


On another note, I recently discovered in my CD collection this lovely Adagio by Mozart. It sounds very innocuous and simple but at the same time a little sad. It's the feeling you get when your good friend is going away and you sit by the window, gazing at the falling leaves and the darkening sky, realizing that you won't be able to see her and talk to her again. That sort of quiet melancholy.

It was also in the French movie called Turning Pages I watched a few years back. In it, there's this girl who'd just flunked her major piano audition, and as she walked out of the music room, knowing that her dream of becoming a pianist was dashed forever, this music was played. Really appropriate.

I managed to find it on youtube. Listen to it and see if you get the same feeling. (I don't really like this version though. The pianist doesn't shape off his phrases nicely.)

No comments: