Sunday, August 24, 2008

1st day of school next week

sorry i've not been updating a lot here. have been putting up photos and updates on facebook, yeah, so do add me jacktanhj@gmail.com

anyway, i've been in shanghai since 12th august. the first 2 weeks were spent touring and shopping. i must say s'poreans are really good at shopping, the expat teachers in our group were amazed at our boundlesss energy in shopping.

school starts next week, and i have a primary 6 form class. i will see them everyday, because i'm teaching them english, math, social studies, civics, and health education (!!).

i've got an interesting class consisting of students from korea, singapore, malaysia, china, hong kong, taiwan, japan, canada and russia.

okay, gottta go, will update soon.

oh, i should mention that i do rather miss nanyang girls high, my supportive colleagues and all my students, but i guess life has to go on.

A lecture during my last weeks in NYGH

With the speaker, Dr Ho, during that lecture


I miss my desk. It's a little sad thinking how it is now empty and all. I have a great attachment to places. Even if I have only been somewhere just 2 days, I feel sad when I have to leave.

No comments: