Tuesday, July 8, 2008

God will alleviate your pain

I've been viewing some blogs and i see a lot of 'emo-ness' around.

Here's a verse that might alleviate your pain:

'Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.'
from Philippians 4:6-7

The phrase 'transcends all understanding' means a lot to me. it means that the peace and security that God will grant you if only you would cast your cares upon Him in prayer will be beyond anything that you can ever imagine.

You must learn to trust God to take care of you, even though you can't see Him.

If you still don't grasp what i'm trying to tell you, let me tell you a story...

A boy was trapped on the second storey of his burning house. As the flames grew wilder and the thick smoke was all around him, he heard his father's voice from the ground.

"Son! Jump! Jump down! I am down here and I will catch you."

The boy, choking from the smoke, and his vision totally obscured by it, exclaimed:

"But...I can't jump, I really can't. I can't see you!"

The father, in a most reassuring and gentle voice:

"But I CAN."

That's what God promises you. He is able to carry you out from your trouble, but you have to take the first step in trusting Him.

No comments: